Leech Lake Fishing
The Walker and Leech Lake area includes excellent opportunities for fishing and hunting!
- We will help you launch, retrieve and dock your boat at no cost.
- We have ample dock space for your boat (see picture below)
- Fishing guides who will come pick you up and supply everything.
- We have three kayaks and a canoe you can use and fish from at no cost.
- You can fish from the dock and the shore with your own gear.
- Fishing boat rentals through Hiawatha Beach Resort, just one mile down the road.
Learn more about hunting in our area from the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources.
Leech Lake Fishing Guides
There are many top fishing guides on Leech Lake. Below are four of the best!
- John Dainsberg 218-224-3607
- Mark Kimmerle 218-760-6623
- Jack Shriver Jr. 218-838-9856
- Jeff Woodruff 218-547-1405
Leech Lake Fishing Boat Rentals
About Leech Lake
Leech Lake is the third largest lake entirely within the boundaries of Minnesota and has approximately 112,000 surface acres. The lake is geographically located in three glacial zones and has an irregular shape with many large and small bays. The deepest area of the lake is located in Walker Bay where depths reach around 150 feet deep. Approximately 80% of the lake is less than 35 feet deep.
Similar to other large lakes in Minnesota, the fish community is dominated by species in the perch and pike families. Walleye, northern pike, and muskellunge are the primary predator species, while yellow perch and cisco serve as the principal forage. Leech Lake is well known among anglers as a tremendous multi-species fishery, including excellent fishing opportunities for walleye, yellow perch, northern pike, muskellunge, largemouth bass, sunfish, and black crappie.
For more information about fishing on Leech Lake, visit the MN DNR Leech Lake information report.