If you’re looking for things to do this winter in Minnesota, you’re in luck. The Leech Lake area, located in near Walker Minnesota, is the perfect wintry destination, with a variety of fun things to do. There are miles of cross country ski trails in the area, snowmobiling trails, miles of gorgeous, wooded hikes that are best explored on snowshoes, ice fishing, and so much more.
The Leech Lake area is an exceptional four-season destination and one we hope you take the time to explore this winter. Add to your winter adventures a stay at our romantic Bed and Breakfast, located right on the shores of Leech Lake, and you have the perfect winter getaway. When it’s time to come inside after a day of playing in the snow, bring the pampering indoors at our Leech Lake Resort. There are no accommodations quite like ours. Come see it for yourself, and book a room at our Leech Lake Bed and Breakfast.
5 Things to do This Winter in Walker Minnesota
If you’ve only ever visited Leech Lake near Walker Minnesota during the summer months, you’re missing out on an exceptionally special season. Leech Lake is an extraordinary 4-season destination, and perfect for anyone who loves to play in the snow. This winter, come join us at our romantic Bed and Breakfast, and see all the fun things to do this winter near Leech Lake.
Get in on the fun this year, and enjoy 1 or more of these 5 fun things to do in the winter here in Walker Minnesota!
- Go cross country skiing! There are miles of trails in the area, but the most popular are the Chippewa National Forest and Itasca State Park. Another great spot to go is Shingobee Hills, once known as the Shingobee Winter Playground. It was one of the first downhill ski areas in the state, but today it’s a popular cross-country skiing and sledding area featuring six miles of looped trails.
- Take a snowshoe hike through the woods, and revel in the unbelievable solitude of winter at Leech Lake. This is our favorite way to experience Minnesota’s pristine Northwoods and winter landscapes.
- Go Snowmobiling on the plethora of nearby trails. There are several miles of groomed trails, open fields, forests and frozen lakes available for snowmobilers to explore. It all starts at the Heartland Trail, which is located just at the top of the driveway!
- Go ice fishing! This beautiful frozen tundra during the winter is the perfect place for some ice fishing during. Scores of anglers brave the elements each season to cut a hole in the ice and try their hand at this unique winter sport. Leech Lake offers some of the best muskie and walleye fishing in the Midwest.
- Go ice skating at the Walker Community Center, just a few minutes from our resort. You can rent ice skates for just $1 per pair.
The Best Bed and Breakfast in Walker, MN
Whether you’ve come for skiing or just to enjoy the wintry wonderland of Leech Lake this season, you’ll see in an instant why our Bed and Breakfast is the perfect weekend getaway. Not only is our location hard to beat, but we offer plenty of value-added amenities to compliment your stay. One amenity you might not know about is our large, clean, and heated garage. It’s a great place to store all the gear you need for your trip. We know a lot of guests like to bring their own gear with them on vacation, and we’ve made it easier for you to do so.
Whatever gear it is you need to bring to make your vacation exactly what you hoped it would be, please feel free to use the extensive storage space available to you in our garage. It’s just one more way we make life easier for you here on Leech Lake. Come experience this magical winter wonderland with this fun list of things to do this winter. Book your room at our Minnesota Resort today!